Monday, June 23, 2008

The Bucket List

We rented this tonight. I really enjoyed it. It did hit close to home at some points. When Morgan Freeman's character described what chemo treatments were like, he hit the nail on the head. Brought back some memories of my infusion treatments and how I felt the 3rd day after - hard to believe the stuff was saving me! Both of the men undergo brain surgery. I was told I wouldn't have to have my head shaved for it, like they did in the movie. Probably did that for the effect. The movie certainly had us laughing at moments and deep in thought at others. I think some of it got to the kids. Again, too close for home in some parts. Not sure what I would put on my bucket list. Maybe I should start one and start doing the things on it. I need to look for the book that was mentioned in the special features. Sounded interesting. I do know how I would answer the 2 questions asked in the movie. How would you answer them?

1. Have you found joy in your life?
2. Have you brought joy into others lives?

No comments: