Monday, June 16, 2008

KU Med

Had my first visit back with my drs. at KU Med today after Mayo. They were excited that I got to see Dr. Specks at Mayo and were pleased that everyone had the same idea on where we were with the Wegener's. Left feeling very optimistic that we might get to have the brain surgery set soon. Hate that I still need to be on prednisone because of the effects, but if it continues to help keep me in remission, then so be it!
Time for another photo from Mayo trip.... (While I still am very happy with the care I am getting at KU Med, the place pales in comparison with Mayo.)

The first picture is from the center of the "shopping plaza" area toward the Gonda Building. You can also see one of the skywalks that helps connect all the Mayo buildings. (They also have underground subway connections.) Pretty cool! The second picture is looking up at the Gonda building. It was amazing. The curve glass walls were gorgeous. Right now the building is 20 stories. It will eventually be 30 stories high. It is connected to the Mayo building and has a great view of the Plummer building (especially from the 18th floor where I had several appts.)



No comments: